• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1200LT cruise control not holding????

Brycesdad

any idea what to look for? I set my cruise control and it will hold until there is a need for more acceleration or deceleration. it will release if under any load. any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Rick Miller

Sorry for starting out with a question but isn't that what new ownership is all about? questions! lots of them. Questions before we purchase, questioning the wife if it's ok to purchase, questioning if we made the right decision, questioning the person selling and the previous owner about the history of the bike. asking for that first test ride. Then...... It's all over but must have's. must have this bike, I won't even start about the Farkle's. I bought my new to me 2001 K1200LTC. It's Black (I'm told the fastest) 68500 miles on it. 1500 of those miles by me in the last three weeks! I've already sorted out many things about this bike. I did a 12000 mile service including new breather hose and new rear brake hose. I learned that I can take all the tupperware off and put it back on without any extra screws! I don't have to tell you about how nice this bike rides. one word does it for me Smooth! Even smoother after my completed service. The only issues I have left is the cruise control problem and How to get comfortable on the stock seat. Low position is too low for me and high position tilts me forward creating back pain. any suggestions on the seating? I can't spend any big money right now after just purchasing (see above, ask the wife) would a sheepskin or something else help?

Thank you

Cruise Control: It is supposed to disconnect when you over ride it by shutting the throttle. It should not quit when you accelerate and release the throttle. Some have reported problems caused by old/tight cables when using the cruise controls to adjust speed. Given the age and mileage of your bike it may be time for new cables. Does the cruise control quit under other circumstances?

Seat: It's not the best in the world but you deal with it or replace it with a custom seat. I get along okay with the stock seat in the high position with the addition of a sheepskin pad. I have also used a beadrider but the sheepskin is more comfortable for me.

Back