• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member in Oregon

efoltyn

Hello folks,

I am a relatively new rider here in Oregon. I took the Team Oregon class (Oregon's version of the MSF class Sept 08 and got a bike in July of this year (not a BMW yet). My interests are in touring and camping and I'm going to try and get to the Rally in bend next summer.

I'm looking at a couple of used BMW airheads or oilheads. I'll like the looks of the later model year R1150RTs.

I'll be in some of the technical forums to try and get additional information.

Take care and see you on the roads.

Ed:)

Hey, good to have you! Oregon is a great state for riding regardless of your mount! The RT is a nice choice though for your next bike; it's a long legged tourer easily capable of two up comfort, moreover it's a blast in the twisties when called upon. You cannot go wrong with that selection. But, BMW offers many choices these days and I'm sure you'll find one just "right" for you.

Ed you are looking at some great bikes!

Let us know what you end up with and check in often - this is a very dynamic environment

Luis

Welcome! And is it too soon to ask you to give up all your favorite
local roads in the Redmond area... ? :)

Back