• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

DowCo Motorcycle Covers - Warranty

ted

Dum vivimus vivamus
Hi Folks,

I have owned and loved my DowCo EZ-150 motorcycle cover for some time now. It is too bulky/heavy to bring along on trips but it makes a perfect cover for parking on the street at home, protecting the bike and keeping it out of the sight of mischievous eyes. It is extremely well-made with heavy-duty material, taped seams and soft fleece inner inlay to protect the windscreen on my K75RT. It also has a secure strap underneath, locking and charge cord grommets, and a big zipper up the back to make a tight, secure fit while making putting on and taking off a breeze.

A week ago, the zipper broke and much sadness ensued as they are not cheap.

I called DowCo to ask about zipper repair kits. The very nice CS rep informed me they were not available and were not needed anyway. "Why" I asked? Because there is a lifetime warranty on the EZ series! Just snip off the product tag and send it in with a note that the zipper broke.

This morning a brand new EZ-150 cover arrived at no cost to me but the price of a stamp used to send in the tag. Good thing too, as we are now getting our first snow - the bike is happily snug under the new cover with battery tender junior perched underneath on the seat.

I don't often run into such excellent service.

Yep, Ted's right ...

... about DOWCO. I had one of their covers that just flat wore out from old age. They sent me a new one and I've since bought three more for other bikes.
dg

They have replaced my cover 3 times under warrenty and I am about to call for another as the old one is ripped. Not sure how they can afford to do it, but they do.

I had the same great experience with them a year or so ago. I will say , FWIW, that the first one I bought was made in USA and they now come from China. I still remeber the lady being cheerful in telling me how to get the new one. :heart

Not being familiar with the DowCo cover, I went looking on the net and of course found it on Amazon. While scrolling down to the reviews, I crossed the "Customers who bought this item..." section. The motorcycle accessories I expected. The Groom Mate Platinum XL Nose And Ear Hair Trimmer Was a bit startling.

Receipt needed?

All you folks that had warranty coverage, did you have to submit a receipt to get a replacement? My cover's seams are failing, but I can't find a receipt after 8 years. What to do???? Thanks.

Just call them, no receipt needed. All you need is the tag that is sewn into the bottom. Remember that only some of the covers (not surprisingly the more expensive ones) come with the lifetime warranty. The CS rep did mention that if the warranty claim was because of faded/frayed fabric I might have to cut a snip of the fabric to include with the tag, or a photo I am guessing attached to e-mail.

Back