• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycles Of Charlotte - 1st Annual Spring Rally

RYD1WD

Motorcycles of Charlotte 1st Annual Spring Rally
April 21-24, 2016 at The Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in Robbinsville, NC
Registration is FREE, and REQUIRED to participate in raffle, presentations, and clinics.

---------------------

Please visit our EVENT PAGE for details and registration!

---------------------

If you have any questions, please contact Greg North - 2016springrally@bmw-ducati.com

Last edited:
Up to 60 registered, from 14 states, on 11 brands... off to a great start.

Rooms are going quickly...

Ran into Neale Bayly at the Triumph launch event Saturday night, and he confirmed he'll be available to give presentations and lead a ride over to Wheels Through Time. His Friday presentation will be on his Peru trips, and his non-profit foundation, Wellspring http://www.wellspring-outreach.org/. On Saturday night, at my request, he'll show a collection of 50 random images spanning his career, and reliving those moments... this is going to be really cool.

Last edited:
update

Last call for plush accommodations...

If you want a roof over your head for the weekend, that isn't a bunkhouse, your options are getting thin...
Here’s what’s left as of 1:45 PM today:
4 semi-private rooms (shared bath with one other room)
1 private room
2 bedroom cabin
4 bedroom cabin

The cabins can be broken into individual “rooms”.
There is still plenty of bunk house and camping availability.

I have updated our EVENT PAGE with new developments re: accommodations and activities... It just keeps getting better! Please let me know if you have any questions :)

Last edited:
Important rally updates, PLEASE READ!

Accommodations:
There are no private or semi-private rooms remaining at The Iron Horse.
Remaining accommodations are limited to:
2 bunk house beds
2 RV sites with water and electric
6 tent sights with 110 power
Lots of free range tent sights

Alternate lodging options are detailed on the event page:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/motorc...-annual-spring-rally-registration-20632762147

Registrations:
We have been asked to cap this event at 150 participants to ensure we don’t exceed the capacity of the dining services.
If you (or others in your party) haven’t registered yet, especially if you have already made lodging reservations, please do so!
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/motorc...-annual-spring-rally-registration-20632762147
There will be a waiting list established when we hit the registration cap.
We’ll ask those who have registered to re-confirm a month prior to the event - any cancellations at that time will be made available to those on the waiting list, in the order that they registered for it.

Thanks, ride safe :)

Quick update - registration is at 160, we have raised the ceiling to 175... there simply isn't food service capacity beyond that!

Growing pains, we didn't expect this strong of a response for the first year. I'll be working with John to expand capacity for next year, the more the merrier!

The event page has been updated with information and details pertaining to the APEX course offerings and registration.

I'm still working out the details with the Performance Center and RawHyde - both had key staff transitions in mid stream which have added some miles to those journeys... will let you know when we get there.

Trailers get packed tomorrow, and we roll at silly early thirty Thursday.

Charlie and I get to ride, poor Steve gets stuck driving one of the way more than two-wheeled rigs.

I'll make it up to him with a spirited demo route familiarization ride :)

We'll be ready to start checking folks in by 3 PM. Ride safe, see you soon...

Back