• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Old Dominion - Virginia

I misspent my adolescence at the beach. Lived there from 58-70 and returned often until my mother passed away in the late 90s. It used to be a quiet little backwater, but no more. Guess I'm now as far away as is possible while staying in North America.

Fellow Virginian

I lived in Poquoson until 2004. Retired out of Fort Monroe. Now I live in Petersburg, a couple hours west of you. I've a decent shop, a lift, lots of tools, and a spare room. Anyone needing a place to do some routine maintenance or tire changing is welcome to come by. Just PM me for directions.

jeff

NoVa

Northern Virginia, Stafford-Quantico area. The land of HOV, orange barrells and useless speed limits (because with the traffic, you rarely achieve such a speed).

Another Virginian

From way.....way south and west in Abingdon since 1976 and prior to that in Harrisonburg, Charlottesville and Norfolk.

Cal Miller :wow

Anyone planning on attending the North of the Border rally this weekend? I am, along with wife. I've been to a few of these over the years and they are always fun! I don't have far to go 'cause it's in Virginia Beach.

North of the Border Rally

I love that club, and the new rally site, but I'll be attending the Virginia British Motorycycle Club rally in Manassas that weekend. Too many toys and not enough weekends..... Bummer.
jeff

Hi Jeff!:wave
Hope plans are going well for the vintage cycle show you're involved in in Petersburg Old Town on Saturday October 17. Hey you Virginians, get yourself and some friends down there.:bolt If Jeff's putting it on, it'll be a hoot:twirl and Old Town Petersburg is really neat and interesting.:jester Shoot you might even be able to see my Daytona Orange R65LS there.

Mike Stevens
"To be a Virginian, either by birth, marriage, adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport to any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty God.

Antique Motorcycle Show 17 Oct in Petersburg

Thanks for the promo Mike. I'm hoping the word has gotten out to the Richmond Riders too. Would be great to see a big beemer turn-out. I'll have two there; my 1966 R50/2 (possibly with Steib S500 sidecar), and a 1979 R100S. Oh, my 1984 K100 qualifies too.....

For those who haven't seen the posting in the South Regional forum, I am hosting an Antique/Vintage Bike Show in Petersburg, Va on saturday October 17th. It is being held in conjunction with the Petersburg Fall Family Fun Festival, which will fill the city block around the old Farmer's Market. It will be a great day to bring the whole family out and enjoy a wholesome fall festival with music, food, and bikes!

The show will be to display bikes vintage 1984 and earlier (antique by Va DMV standards). It is free, with no categories and no judging. Stock, modified, unrestored, restored, we don't care. Just bring your bikes! The festival crowd will be given ballots to vote for the "People's Choice" award, which I'll give out at 6:15 pm. It is a very nice trophy. Registration starts at 7:30 am and runs until the festival starts at 10 a.m. They'd like all the bikes there by then so that the show is a part of the festival for everyone to enjoy.

So please come join us, show off your older Beemers. Attend the festival. Eat, relax, have fun, and help me make this a regular part of Petersburg festivals in the future!

Thanks again Mike. See you there.
jeff

One last reminder

Just a bump and a reminder to all about the antique bike show this Saturday in Petersburg. I'm really begging for bikes because I've only had a dozen or so responses so far. Please come join us!

jeff

Back