• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fox Shocks

LORAZEPAM

leave my monkey alone
I am in dire need of shocks for my bike, and my dealer sells Ohlins, Works, and Fox. They are pushing the Fox Shocks as the best thing since sliced bread. They are reasonably priced and rebuildable. Has anyone had experience with them?

Just wondering

How many miles did you get out of your OEM shocks before they started to go kaput?

MarkF

I have 49K on the bike. I am what would be graciously called "husky" at 250 pounds. Considering that the shocks are a compromise to begin with, and have a life expectancy of around 20K miles, I am well overdue for a new set. My bike wallows and bottoms out as if the shock oil has thinned. I have also discovered a vendor that will rebuild the "unrebuildable" stock shocks.
http://www.brunos.us/shocks.htm
Has anyone used them, and what did you think?

lorazepam said:
I am in dire need of shocks for my bike, and my dealer sells Ohlins, Works, and Fox. They are pushing the Fox Shocks as the best thing since sliced bread. They are reasonably priced and rebuildable. Has anyone had experience with them?
I have one on my K75, and it has about 140,000 miles on it. Still on the original shock shaft. I've been very happy with it.

Back