• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thanks to the fine folks at Pandora's Motorsports!

My wife and I were on a 3100 mile trip. I ended up pumping 3 gallons of water at the premium pump at the Wares Valley Road Shell Station in Pigeon Forge, TN. Bike died less than 500 yards away from the Shell Station. I had it towed via flatbed to Ultimate Motorsports in Knoxville, but they closed down two months ago. As there were no other dealers in Knoxville, ended up 170 miles later, at 11PM at Pandora's in Chattanooga. Thanks to Dave Coral in Knoxville for his sage advice and help via the phone!

Next morning at 8:30AM and before official opening time, I'm there at Pandoras chatting with the staff about my bike problem. Service Manager Brian got me in at 9:30, and the tech drained the full 5 gallon tank and found that I did in fact pump 3 gallons of water into the tank instead of gas. After a thorough cleaning and check up, by 11:30AM, I was out the door with a GREAT running bike.

I sincerely wish to thank the crew at Pandora's for their efficient service in getting me in and out so quickly, and I would encourage my fellow riders to avoid that Shell station at 632 Wears Valley Road. After $800.00 in towing and repair bills, the dealer has assured me of prompt reimbursement of my expenses, and I was told that eight other customers ended up with tanks of water instead of premium fuel.

Can't ever underestimate the value of having a great dealer around to help you out!

I sincerely wish to thank the crew at Pandora's for their efficient service in getting me in and out so quickly, and I would encourage my fellow riders to avoid that Shell station at 632 Wears Valley Road. After $800.00 in towing and repair bills, the dealer has assured me of prompt reimbursement of my expenses, and I was told that eight other customers ended up with tanks of water instead of premium fuel.

When you say "the dealer has assured me of prompt reimbursement of my expenses" are you saying Pandora's is giving you a refund?

Good story
Don't ya just love it when a dealer goes out of their way to help ya out? A few years ago I blew a slave cylinder and made it to Denver on a cross country trip. Of course it was late Friday when I arrived. I called Denver BMW and the service rep clearly wanted nothing to do with me and said bring it in the middle of next week! I called Foothills BMW and the service guy and the shop went out of their way to get me back on the road quick. He said, "can you get here early tomorrow morning and we will squeeze you in", I said "sure" and they got me on the road by noon.

I know what it is like to be on the other end. My bike was on the lift being worked on at my local dealer SCBMW when the service manager came out and found me and said, "we just had a cross country traveler break down and need a fairly quick repair, do you mind if we pull yours off the lift". I said "no problem".

Good story
Don't ya just love it when a dealer goes out of their way to help ya out? A few years ago I blew a slave cylinder and made it to Denver on a cross country trip. Of course it was late Friday when I arrived. I called Denver BMW and the service rep clearly wanted nothing to do with me and said bring it in the middle of next week! I called Foothills BMW and the service guy and the shop went out of their way to get me back on the road quick. He said, "can you get here early tomorrow morning and we will squeeze you in", I said "sure" and they got me on the road by noon.

I know what it is like to be on the other end. My bike was on the lift being worked on at my local dealer SCBMW when the service manager came out and found me and said, "we just had a cross country traveler break down and need a fairly quick repair, do you mind if we pull yours off the lift". I said "no problem".

I've had the opposite happen 2 times. The local wasn't wanting to give up his time slot. The traveler felt he was entitled to first-come because he was "traveling". The result? I gave it to the local because he was the first one there and was entitled to the time slot.

Not surprising to hear since it was Pandora's. I'm told they handle all the bikes that are given away in the MOA Superstakes and transport them across country to the rally and back and don't charge the MOA anything, all the trucks and their staff are donated by them, but you won't hear them brag about it.

When I flew down there last August to pick up my RT - that I exchanged the K1300S I won for - My flight was arriving 2 hours past their closing time. I needed to be on the road early the next morning to do the 800 miles back to NJ. Not only did they stick around and wait for me that night, they picked me up at the airport and brought me to the dealership. Even back there, they didn't rush the delivery, they wanted to be sure I knew the bike and was comfortable before they let me ride off. Even though I thought it was an easy ride to my hotel from there and told them I didn't need any help, they told me there was road construction in a few places and they insisted they lead me back to the hotel before they went home. I'm sure it was an extra long work day for them, but through it all, they were all smiles and treated me like a king. We, as members of the MOA, should give them our support and thanks.

I can say with pride that the folks at Pandora's in Chattanooga, TN are awesome! The Knoxville dealer had too many "issues" to remain a viable business, and I was forced to look for a new "local" place. Several trips later...I enjoy Pandora's and all of the people who work there. :dance

Back