• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

My heated grips are oval after 74K miles in 3 years!

you didn't add your year model...so assuming it's an 1100/1150

you can change just the rubbers, you need two throttle side grips from a non heated grip setup . The GS parts fiche has the number 32 72 1 458 396 RIGHT GROOVED HANDLE. About $10 bucks apiece

Slowly lift the flange end with needlenose pliers to seperate rubber from foil of heated grips and cut with razor blade/exacto knife down the length as you slowly pull apart with pliers . Spray some 409 on the new rubbers and slide in place...the 409 will dry in a day or so and grips will be tight

blast of air to help the separation has been suggested, with less likelihood of cutting anything you don't want cut. I will be doing mine in another week or 2, 96K miles.

blast of air to help the separation has been suggested, with less likelihood of cutting anything you don't want cut. I will be doing mine in another week or 2, 96K miles.
Mine were pretty worn out at 75K mi. Been wrapping them with 'grip tape' from the sporting goods store ever since. $5 every two years or so...

Back