• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Marquez 4th Place and All Washed Up

I just watched the race tonight. I must admit, I hated to see the streak end. Usually I would be rooting for the other guys if they had lost ten times in a row, but something about watching Marquez win all the races this year had me rooting for him. I'm guessing he will be just fine and cruise to the championship.

I too was rooting for him to make a record. Last year (and I might not have the details exactly right), he missed a record to place on the podium the first 5 races as a rookie, crashing out in race 5 I think. And now, a tie for most victories with Agostini. Well, sharing records is still quite an achievement, and he's one of the best if not the best rider ever.

I'll be in Valencia for the final race, but I'm sure he'll have sewn it up by then.

IMO I think he could have won the last race as well, he is amazing.

I suspect he was under team orders to take it easy. I read a response on FB during his Q&A with fans, one had asked if he thought he can continue his streak and his answer was no and that it was complicated. If that is the case, that's sad.

Why would Honda not want him to win and beat the record?

When it comes to conspiracy, I would think, if he crashed, we'd say that Honda was PUSHING him to set the record and it was too much for him and he crashed. Can't see it the other way around.

About the only way the "team orders" conspiracy would float is if Honda wanted Pedrosa to win enough to finish the year as #2, thus giving Honda a 1 - 2 championship year. And boy is that a stretch.

pete

Marc

The bike was moving around more than what is even normal for him so believe he was on the limit for that setup. The immediate very serious debriefing after the race showed he had something to report. If they wanted Dani to score more points Marc would have come second at least if that was the reason.

There is talk the 68 degree lean angle he got during practice was made up but I saw him bounce up off his shoulder live (Videopass) and it was incredible he did not crash. He had the scrapes on his leathers to show it.

Back