• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2012 RT-What is this connector for?

wvpc

Hi all,

I thought I had saved a copy of my wiring diagram but can't seem to find it at the moment. Can someone tell why this connector up by the steering head is present and what it's purpose is? Normally it is capped.

The reason I ask is I am installing some Photon Blasters and need to find some way to tap into the brake light.

Attachments

• P1010379 (800x600).jpg
    P1010379 (800x600).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 250
Have you tried looking at www.realoem.com or Max BMW's parts fiche? Looking there might suggest a radio connection, but I'm not sure. Doubtful that you'll find a brake light feed up there.

Photon Blasters usually are on the front of the bike and are always on. Mine are tapped into the parking light (blue/light blue) wire at the headlight connector. There is also a ground (brown) wire available at that connector.

The Skene P3 brake lights can tap into the alarm wiring for power - there are photos of this on the Skene web site.

Thanks

Thanks for the help. It must be the radio feed as it much bigger than the gps harness. No radio= no connection. Doh!

Tapping the parking light bulb is probably the easiest way to do it and shouldn't throw a fault with the CAN BUS. If your hands are smallish you should be able to do the whole install without removing any of the bodywork.

Back