• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Zumo 550 and the Sena Bluetooth

beemermyke

Well, from a previous thread I posted about my Zumo 550 on the fritz, a re-furb unit is on it's way, any day now. :dance Well, now a friend wants to order a pair of the Sena Bluetooth units and I'll like to split the cost so I can wire one to my helmet. My question: Will the XM setup on my 550 play via Bluetooth thru the Sena? If it will, is it stereo? I know it will work on the new 665, but I'd heard grumblings that it won't work with the 550 because of it's lack of AD2P technology, or something like that.

Tom - after riding for so long - I've lost some hearing - we all do - so stereo no big deal. If you ride with your wife or girlfriend - do you REALLY want to hear HER IN STEREO .........
Just my 2 cents

...won't work with the 550 because of it's lack of AD2P technology, or something like that.

Mike,

All you need to do is plug an A2DP dongle into the 3.5 mm output of the Zumo mount and attach it near your GPS with Velcro. This assumes your headset supports A2DP.

I have this setup with my J&M headset and it works great.

Mike

P.S. I also had concerns about using intercom with the wife. The effect has been the opposite of what one might expect. She actually enjoys riding with me more now that we have it. Communication is kept to a minimum. Mostly used for talking about what we're seeing and "Deer to the right!"

Last edited:
Mike - that's why I have my son on the bike now :thumb Also my wife is the bread winner - I work part time & cook better

Thanks alot, mclassing. Good bit of info and it'll save me from having to shell out some money for the 665. Is that unit waterproof?

Back