• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New 1700cc conceptual airhead engine

lmo1131

ZON BMW R18; another installment of the BMW Heritage project. The bike. .. myeah (IMHO) ... the engine. Yes.

47681712_510849502744748_4907772675742498816_n.jpg

zon-bmw-r18-4.jpg

zon-bmw-r18-13.jpg

zon-bmw-r18-5.jpg

Source: https://www.returnofthecaferacers.c...jAoyzVXpwKzByy3L6j-Igl9SrtlnT3-maU9jCG1N2dyDg

That's a big twin! Top Secret stuff we can guess about as well. How about a retro kick starter on 1800cc:bolt

Love the open driveline and u-joints!

New

I wonder if it would sound like an old two cylinder John Deere tractor if you hooked a plow to it?

It’s a sign that BMW Motorrad is making too much money on motorcycles and prices need to drop. A return to an air-cooled big-twin motor just isn’t in the cards due to noise and emission standards. Even H-D had to move away from straight air-cooling. But apparently Motorrad has the money to build one-off air-cooled motors that they can then grace to “artists” to create “art bikes”, machines that have no prospect of seeing the marketplace nor significantly contributing to Motorrad’s other marketplace offerings. This isn’t in any way a market research or R&D exercise, it’s someone in mgmt or on the board spending some excess cash indulging a personal whim. To me, that says it’s time for customers and stockholders alike to question what is going on, and to suggest that maybe some competitive re-pricing would be a more productive use of the excess resources. Re-pricing the overpriced F750GS and F850GS comes to mind as a starting point...

Best,
:)
DG (only partially TIC)

I saw it in person at Mama Tried in Milwaukee last month. Lots of nice details, but not my style. Engine looked very nice. I'm not certain of the purpose, but unlike the other poster I'm not 100% certain they are done with the cruiser segment.

Very nice! I wouldn't call it a concept bike so much as a custom build. It puts the BMW name out there in an arena full of CB750 and vintage harley builds...exposing a whole group to the aesthetic of some BMW visual cues- and legitimacy in yet another frontier! What were they thinking? I'm guessing something like, "Yeah, we can compete here too!"

Back