• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Can I re-size my electric leather riding gloves from x to XL

tonysuburb

I was out today and for the first time used my electric heated riding gloves. Although they are sized Large, they are still a bit too tight. Can I stretch them in any way. I know my old non heated gloves could be soaked in water and then worn till they were dry and were molded perfectly.

I don't think that you can get enough of a uniform "stretch" so as you would be happy. I don't know the brand or condition but perhaps listing through the Marketplace and replacing them with the "better" size would be a better way to go. You may even find someone who wants to trade- in the other direction :)
OM

The problem is that any type of fix, such as what you've done in the past with non-heated gloves would void your warranty and may kill a circuit, so you'll have to think about whether you want to risk destroying the heating function and not being able to return it versus buying the next larger size and selling your X -size at a reasonable discount.

I'd shy away from the water method just to avoid a circuitry problem.

Are they too small in every dimension, or just in one or two? Hand-width? Finger-width? Finger-length?

If it is just hand-width than there's a greater possibility that you might be able to stretch them if the fit is just "a bit too tight".

I have 4 pairs of gloves and typically buy gloves quite snug and let them wear into being "just right". It takes me about 2-3 months with a new pair to get them to "fit like a glove". Often I'll wear them around for other tasks as well to help. My winter gloves were used for running my snow-blower and shovelling snow to help break them in and that helped a lot. Come spring they were just right. ;-)

I have 4 pairs of gloves and typically buy gloves quite snug and let them wear into being "just right". It takes me about 2-3 months with a new pair to get them to "fit like a glove". Often I'll wear them around for other tasks as well to help. My winter gloves were used for running my snow-blower and shovelling snow to help break them in and that helped a lot. Come spring they were just right. ;-)

I did that with a pair of slightly-tight Gerbing's four years ago. Mrs. ExGMan thought I looked a little odd wearing them around the house, but I did take them off for meals...

Back