• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

License plate numbers

Folks are concerned about some sort of idenity theft, I imagine. It is a bit odd when you consider there are a couple of threads dedicated to showing vanity plates mounted on bikes.

Yep. Don't tell anyone, my plate # is R12GS. :whistle

Actually, I think people are afraid someone can get your address from the DMV with your plate number and then come steal your bike.

But we are safe with our final drive eating BMW's. :laugh

I've noticed in many of the bike photo's posted here, that the owner covers up the license plate numbers. I curious, why??

The same reason some owners panic at the thought of someone knowing their VIN. :dunno

Both are out there for anyone to see. I, like you, don't understand how this is OK when parked in front of your house but not OK in a picture of the bike parked in front of your house. But I don't have to understand it. I just accept that it makes some people feel better to obscure that info.

// marc

Probably the same people who are afraid of the "non-secure" camping at the National. :stick

Back