• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Observations from a first-time attendee

G

gbrickell

Never got to a rally before. Conveniently, this year it was 70 miles from home. Realizing that sometimes the ride there is the adventure, with a little girl at home these days and work commitments, this was perfect.

Some things that come to mind after attending about half the day Thurs and Fri:

1. Very well organized. Although the line was long Thursday AM to get in-processed, it didn't take long at all. Great job especially by volunteers. Next rally, hopefully I have more time and can volunteer myself.

2. It was hot. It wasn't THAT hot. Sure, we're having near record heat here like much of the country. But really, it wasn't that bad and surely nothing to whine about. There was plenty of indoor air-conditioned indoor space. Water stations were readily available. Plenty of shaded tents, trees, etc, if you wanted to get out of the sun. Location choice here was good--plenty of indoors AC, and decent food vendors slash availability off site close by.

3. Nice variety of representation by old and new bikes.

4. Impressive vendor participation.

5. Everyone was really friendly despite the heat.

Super glad I attended.

Back