• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Good gear, good stuff!

ultracyclist

In the last two weeks I have added/bought/modified the following for my '02 R1150R), and I am very pleased with the results:

BMW Summer Pants with armour & zipp-off bottoms. The feel great. I actually found a pr in Illinois that fit me. BMW cuts roomier cloths compared to Revit, and others. When you have a body built by pasta and Haaagen Daaz rather than soloflex, this is important.

Foot peg lowering kits and modified extended shift lever from Suburban Machinery. Good Stuff. Only had to modify one screw (cut about a quarter of an inch off) with a dremel in shift linkage for a perfect fit.

Bar backs-very nice. I actually feel like I am now on the bike rather than over it.

I have a set of the Suburban Machinery bar backs. I put them on my '04 RT. When I turned the bars in either direction, the forks pulled against the wiring harness. I cut the zip ties and rerouted the wires to the sides, and that problem was solved. However, when I turned the bars all the way to the left, the forks pulled against the front brake line. At that point I took them back off. Did you have that problem? Did you do anything about it (extend the brake line or something) or ignore it?

Ignore it...

Kenn45 said:
I have a set of the Suburban Machinery bar backs. I put them on my '04 RT. When I turned the bars in either direction, the forks pulled against the wiring harness. I cut the zip ties and rerouted the wires to the sides, and that problem was solved. However, when I turned the bars all the way to the left, the forks pulled against the front brake line. At that point I took them back off. Did you have that problem? Did you do anything about it (extend the brake line or something) or ignore it?

Of course proceed at your own risk...but I also noticed the Bar backs slightly pulled on the brake line. I chose to leave them on and haven't had any trouble...6K MILES LATER...

kSMITH 57 :usa

bar backs

My bar-backs were from Moto-Techniques. I cut the plastic ties and all problems were solved. If I am not mistaken, there are two versions from Moto. One moves the bars back more than the other.

Both the extended shift lever and peg lowering kits were from Suburban Machinery.
Sorry for the confusion.

Btw, I purchased everything from the "Flea Market".

Back