• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Change in the Entertainment Schedule

Unfortunately our headline entertainer for Thursday night, Elizabeth Cook has had to cancel our date due to her 86 yr. old father's recent illness. We understand completely that family comes first, please keep her and her family in your thoughts.
The good news is we found a really cool band to put in that time slot!
Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds is a nine-piece powerhouse that puts a modern spin on classic soul. The band is led by Arleigh Kincheloe (Sister Sparrow), whose astoundingly powerful voice and sly demeanor make for a spellbinding presence onstage. She is backed by the mighty force of The Dirty Birds, a flock of eight men who masterfully lay down thundering grooves and soaring melodies. While each of the Birds are capable of lighting up the stage with jaw-dropping displays of musicianship, it's clear they're focused on delivering the band's infectious music as a single entity. Simply put, the band's live show is explosive.
Sister Sparrow's commanding stage presence alone is more than enough to dazzle audiences, but the magic doesn't end with her: the band's palpable camaraderie, undeniable talent and passion for music makes for a contagious combination that is taking the country by storm. Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds' blend of seductive soul and dirty blues-rock reminds audiences why they love live music.
So please come by Thursday evening for Captain Squeeze and the Zydeco Moshers led by club member Greg Speck and stick around for a great show by Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds!

Lee Harrelson
2011 Entertainment Chairman

Eliz Cook

Lee-

Thanks for securing her in the first place.

I'm now 0-2 on seeing her. I had prepaid tix at the Opry in April, drove up to Nashville and she cancelled without explanation. She did appear in VA with Hayes Carll the next night.

Oh well. You are right. You only get one chance to deal with family issues so her priorities are correct.

Did you receive a promise for her to perform next year? I hope so.

Thanks

Elizabeth Cook Update

If you look at some of Elizabeth Cook's videos you will see her 86 yr. old dad featured in several. He has had some heart problems and is undergoing testing in Nashville. I know ALL of our thoughts are with her and her family..

But take a few minutes to check out Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds! http://sistersparrow.com/

They have a soulful singer with a big horn section and very cool songs. I really like the demo I saw and I have been promised a rocking good show !

Please come by and introduce yourself anytime you are around the music stage.
Hope everyone enjoys the rally experience. Remember we ARE like FAMILY!

Lee
2011 Entertainment Chairman

Back