• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Admore light bar

ccolwell

I wanted more brake light; the Admore bar seemed like the best bet. That said, I doubt I'd use the wired version again as it was a pain to install. The bluetooth version is probably all you need. Admore suggests drilling a hole for the wiring harness for their light bar. I did not. Here's how I did it.

1) remove both rear side panels on each side (one painted, one black plastic). I used a parts fiche to see where the bolts and press on mounts are.

2) remove license plate/tail light assembly. Let this dangle on the wires. Note that the bolts holding this look similar to the bolts for the side panels but they have different shoulders.

3) snake the light bar wire harness through the space for the store wiring harness. Some fiddling is required to get the last bit into the area underneath the seat. Using safety wire as a follow through helps. Removing the top case holder helps.

4) wires --brake is grey w/ red stripe, blue is right turn signal, black w/ white stripe for left

5) switched power: The fuse box is behind the left painted side panel. There are two fuse holders. Towards the front of the bike from these holders is what appears to be a blank fuse holder (i.e., wires go in but there are no fuses). The red w/ green stripe is switched. Using this, the light bar tail light stays on for about 45 seconds after the bike is switched off.
YMMV

'13 690 Duke, '1

I am now having trouble with this. Applying the brake while have the turn signal on makes the whole thing go screwy.

Edit: after some discussion w/ Admore tec support, I will be upgraded to the Bluetooth enable bar that definitely works on the XR. If you want one of these, you have to get that model.

Last edited:
Glad you’re getting your problem resolved by the manufacturer, CC!

We added an Admore lightbar to Mrs-K’s new/used RS last year.
It nicely augments the “Tidy Tail” installed by the prior owner.
We believe in Increased Conspicuity; added Denali D2 LEDs to the front forks as well... :brow
Admore-on-RS.jpeg

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

I am now having trouble with this. Applying the brake while have the turn signal on makes the whole thing go screwy.

Edit: after some discussion w/ Admore tec support, I will be upgraded to the Bluetooth enable bar that definitely works on the XR. If you want one of these, you have to get that model.

That worked. Yo have to scroll down on the configuration page and enable the two lamp function.

If I were to mount another I'd work longer at feeding safety wire through the gap the stock wire goes through and use it to pull the light bar wiring harness through.

Back