• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tried a search, looking for a tank bag for my K75

johnnyquest

So, I've been searching the net, using google and what not. Went to a couple of BMW parts/acccessories websites, and I tried a search here in the forums. I even checked eBay, where someone was selling a beat-up BMW tank bag for 12.00 or something. Where can I find a tank bag for my K75s? From what I understand, the BMW tank bags fit better because of the unique shape of my tank, but will my local dealer still be able to get one for my bike? Are there other brands that make a product that fits well? Thanks...

JQ

johnnyquest said:
So, I've been searching the net, using google and what not. Went to a couple of BMW parts/acccessories websites, and I tried a search here in the forums. I even checked eBay, where someone was selling a beat-up BMW tank bag for 12.00 or something. Where can I find a tank bag for my K75s? From what I understand, the BMW tank bags fit better because of the unique shape of my tank, but will my local dealer still be able to get one for my bike? Are there other brands that make a product that fits well? Thanks...

JQ

The BMW factory tank bag for a K75 is quite nice. Have you looked over at www.ibmwr.org? They have a really active marketplace.

I had a Tour Master bag for my old K100 and it fit really well. Bought the bag around 2001 so it may still be available.
Because the old K's have a nice big flat surface on top of their tanks, pretty much anything with a flat bottom and a good mounting-strap setup (can't use magnetic as the tank is aluminum) should work.

I regularly see multivario tank bags (these are the BMW factory bags) for K75s for sale on the IBMWR market place. Sometimes on ebay too. I think you can still get them new, but they run about $200 or so.

Thanks for the info everyone

Tarren Shaw said:
I regularly see multivario tank bags (these are the BMW factory bags) for K75s for sale on the IBMWR market place. Sometimes on ebay too. I think you can still get them new, but they run about $200 or so.

Yeah, I think that's the kind I saw on eBay....but it's pretty beat up. I stopped in to my local dealer and he told me the multivario/BMW tank bags can still be ordered for my bike, but that they're spendy.....guess I'll wait. I've got a few more months before the road runner rally in Heber, AZ. I just thought it would be nice to have some extra storage for that run. I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks.

JQ

Hey johnnyquest my brother has a BMW tank bag that came off his 92 K75RT with rain cover. He would like to sell If you or anybody else is interested I would be happy to give you his email addy, So you guys can comminicate. He also had a used luftmeiser exhaust system he is thinking about getting rid of. He wants to put stock exhaust back on his bike.

you won't be sorry

johnnyquest said:

JQ
The factory one is pricey but if you get one you won't be sorry. As others mentioned they can be had used, you might try REcycle, they advertise in the MOA News I have dealt with them good folks.
I still ride a K100 and have used a factory bag since the Eclipse bag I tried to fit kept flopping around, though it did work well on my old R80.

Ebay or IBMWR

get the one with the yellow piping, not the gray one w/red piping, which is older and the zipper arrangement is disfunctional.

Thanks everyone, I found a bag!

A member from Colorado read my post and emailed me, buying his old tankbag for a very reasonable price(edit: almost forgot to mention it's a multivario bag). It's not in mint condition, but neither is my bike :) I think I'll get alot of milage out of this one, and I'm glad I won't have to worry about it fitting right. To be honest, I probably won't use it much until I go the the road runner rally in May, I'll be pretty well loaded down for that camping trip, I'm sure the extra space will be helpful.

Thanks again for all the input. I'm still amazed at how many very, very cool people frequent these forums and ride Bimmers.

JQ

Last edited:
Back