• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Options for 2015 R1200RT Handlebar Mount Options

What options are out there to mount a smartphone to the handlebars of my 2015 R1200RT?

Thanks!

Wunderlich makes a mirror adapter piece (link below) that would allow you to use RAM mount parts. I have a fellow club member who has used this method to mount his Garmin GPS and smartphone. I just acquired the part for my new 2015 R1200RT.

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/R1200RTLC/3272971.html

You can then add either a mirror extender piece or screw a RAM ball mount of the correct thread size into this adapter. You might need two of these adapters, depending on what you need to mount. The adapters are sold separately (don't ask how I learned that).

Wunderlich makes a mirror adapter piece (link below) that would allow you to use RAM mount parts. I have a fellow club member who has used this method to mount his Garmin GPS and smartphone. I just acquired the part for my new 2015 R1200RT.

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/R1200RTLC/3272971.html

You can then add either a mirror extender piece or screw a RAM ball mount of the correct thread size into this adapter. You might need two of these adapters, depending on what you need to mount. The adapters are sold separately (don't ask how I learned that).

Bill, thanks so much for this helpful information!

Check out Ram Mounts. Their primary product for phones is the X-Grip, which works quite well IMO. They have a gazillion different base mounts depending on what you have available and where you want to mount it (near one of the grips, down in the center?). One that's popular for BMWs is a ball with a through-hole that replaces one of the handlebar bolts with a longer bolt (it comes with three different bolt lengths). I have also used a clutch/brake cover mount. Stay away from the clamp-on types though. Go to rammount.com and start exploring.

What options are out there to mount a smartphone to the handlebars of my 2015 R1200RT?

Thanks!

I used a Ram mount and attached the belt clip holder from an Otter protective case to the Ram mount. I removed the belt clip and riveted the holder to the Ram mount. Phone is easy to put in the holder with the Otter case on and is weather protected.

Back