• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

F800 GT Footpeg lowering kit

bucklemme

Installed the rider footpeg lowering kit from Suburban Machinery today on the new F800 GT. It is the DL-8X kit listed for the ST model and fits fine on the GT. Straight forward operation...well designed and easy to install.

I have no affiliation with Suburban Machinery other than being a satisfied customer....

Buck Lemme
Vienna, Illinois

Installed the rider footpeg lowering kit from Suburban Machinery today on the new F800 GT. It is the DL-8X kit listed for the ST model and fits fine on the GT. Straight forward operation...well designed and easy to install.

I have no affiliation with Suburban Machinery other than being a satisfied customer....

Buck Lemme
Vienna, Illinois

I just committed to buying a GT yesterday, dark graphite color. What color did you get? I got the comfort seat and hopefully can avoid the lowering kit.
I hope you enjoy your new bike.

Buck Lemme
Vienna, Illinois

They make great kits and are a class company. I remember a number of years ago I broke a mounting bolt on my R1100S peg lowering kit (completly my fault) doing some work on my bike a few years after I had installed them. I called the company and asked how much for a replacement bolt. Their answer, no charge, not even shipping was charged...Wow!

The 800GT is on my short list; glad to hear about the peg lowering kit.

They make great kits and are a class company. I remember a number of years ago I broke a mounting bolt on my R1100S peg lowering kit (completly my fault) doing some work on my bike a few years after I had installed them. I called the company and asked how much for a replacement bolt. Their answer, no charge, not even shipping was charged...Wow!

The 800GT is on my short list; glad to hear about the peg lowering kit.

I'll have mine in about 10 days. I can't wait. I rode one yesterday and obviously liked it..

Buck Lemme
Vienna, Illinois

Btw Buck how tall are you?

I'll be test-riding an F800GT when the weather cooperates.

By the way, the GT has a high comfort seat available, something the salesman was unaware of, besides the comfort seat option. The parts guy had a hand out with the part numbers for the various seat options.

Harry

F800 GT Peg Lowering Kit

Btw Buck how tall are you?

I'm 5'10"....30 inch inseam. Old knees do not like to be bent too much!

Update on the DL-8X kit. Appears some bike are having trouble with the sidestand hitting the footpeg extension. Also, the threaded rod on the linkage extender is probably too short for a proper shift lever adjustment. Taking with Suburban today and they are sending me a longer threaded rod. They are also redesigning the kit to correct any problems. According to the site, the forthcoming kit will be the DL9.

Buck Lemme
Vienna, Illinois

F800 GT Peg Lowering Kit

I just committed to buying a GT yesterday, dark graphite color. What color did you get? I got the comfort seat and hopefully can avoid the lowering kit.
I hope you enjoy your new bike.

I got the Valencia orange. Have also been considering the comfort seat. The next pressing issue is the windshield. Slip stream hits me in the chin/neck area......not very good for rain at all! Madstad and others are working on a solution with aftermarket products.

Buck Lemme
Vienna,. Illinois

Back