• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photochromic Lenses ... and Faceshields

I have a transitions face shield on my Laser helmet and have experienced no problems whatsoever in tunnels, etc. Occasionally heading into a rising or setting sun I find it a bit light, but that's really my only complaint. Of course I can't tell you how it would react behind a windshield... as I don't ride that way! ;-)

I have used Photochromic Lenses for years, behind face shields, windshields (motorcycle and auto) and would not be without them.

I have used Photochromic Lenses for years, behind face shields, windshields (motorcycle and auto) and would not be without them.

So have I, but the particular brand(s) that I have had with the last three or four pairs of glasses won't darken behind a face shield, and only slightly when driving a car.

I stopped buying transition lens years ago sinse you still need sunglasses behind anything that has a UV coating. My latest helmet has the built in tinted visor. Here is the link to e-tint http://e-tintproducts.com
I used their automatic shield for a couple years. I works great until I t was left on to many times then never work right after that.

Back