• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ridin' the Full Moon

R

rocketman

This is something I wrote back in late 99 after acquiring my '73 R60/5, about a ride I took early one morning along the Blue Ridge parkway in VA when the Full moon was still hanging in the sky. Having been out of the saddle for 12 long years, I spent almost every weekend riding, besides my normal commute. Only put a 1000 miles in my truck that year, man it felt good to be back riding!

Never will I be bikeless again.

Still consider it one of my better efforts.

http://slash5.maniac.com/~slash5_rider/ridin-the-moon.html

Enjoy

BRP morning ride

There is something about riding in the still of the early morning hours seeing the moon fade away as the sun begins to light the day that always stirs my soul and rejuvenates my mind. I think it is called stress relief. As rocketman says, it's man, machine, and memories. Thanx for the report. Ironhorsecowboy

Re: BRP morning ride

IRONHORSECOWBOY said:
There is something about riding in the still of the early morning hours seeing the moon fade away as the sun begins to light the day that always stirs my soul and rejuvenates my mind. I think it is called stress relief. As rocketman says, it's man, machine, and memories. Thanx for the report. Ironhorsecowboy

I think you put your finger on it pretty squarely, IHCB. There's something about being on the road when the sky turns that purple color in the morning. You just know you've got a long way to go before it gets dark again and you've already accomplished quite a bit.

Wow!!!

I'm in awe of how you guys put the words to how I feel, Keep on writing, keep on riding, and hopefully we will pass on one of those full moon rides....
BMW Motorcycles and their riders rule the universe and each other... k :thumb

Back