• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bmr Co-pilot Shelf

PWITTSTRUCK

I am considering switching from a RCU to BMR shelf. I currently have a Garmin GPS-V, XM Roady and a V1 on the bike. I am looking for any comments or feedback about the BMR. Thanks

BMRrrrrr

I have a BMR shelf on my LT and really like the it :thumb , as it seems sturdier than the RCU I had on my RT.
The accesory arms BMR makes are cool too as you can determine what side you want certain goodies. The arms also come in different lenghts.
Just my usual 0.02 cts and some :coffee

BMR shelf

I tried the BMR shelf for my R1150RT last fall and it seemed to high (in my sight line, as I'm 5'8"). I returned it and ordered a RCU shelf. The quality of the BMR stuff was fantastic. I really was impressed. It all went together great. It could hold all my goodies.

I've now added a Big Mak tank bag and this has caused me to relocate the GPS from the handlebar bolts to the RCU shelf and I'm unable/unhappy with the Tourtech GPS mount on the shelf. I am reconsidering the BMR setup for my setup now.

David

Back