• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

An outsider's observation on the rally site

nrpetersen

Curmudgeon
Our old geezer and geezerett bicycle club went thru the MN State Fair grounds on an unrelated mission today. I had not been there for many years and then only at fair times. This time the facilities looked great, the grass was actually thick and green and plenty of it, shade most places, streets were clean, and a lot of general updating and repair going on primarily for the fair which is still 4 weeks away. The BMWMOA welcome signs were already out and some BMWs were parked around.

The weather forecasts are for highs in the lowest 80s, generally dry except possible showers on Friday.

I'm not even a member of the local MOA club and don't know any of the locals, but this rally has to go down as one of the finest in recent years.

See you at the beer garden.:lurk

Niel Petersen

Our old geezer and geezerett bicycle club went thru the MN State Fair grounds on an unrelated mission today. I had not been there for many years and then only at fair times. This time the facilities looked great, the grass was actually thick and green and plenty of it, shade most places, streets were clean, and a lot of general updating and repair going on primarily for the fair which is still 4 weeks away. The BMWMOA welcome signs were already out and some BMWs were parked around.

The weather forecasts are for highs in the lowest 80s, generally dry except possible showers on Friday.

I'm not even a member of the local MOA club and don't know any of the locals, but this rally has to go down as one of the finest in recent years.

See you at the beer garden.:lurk

Niel Petersen

We're rollin into day 3 of setup.......see what's going on at the end of day 2

rallyphoto 3.jpg

rally photo 2.jpg

rally photo 1.jpg

Barley and I are holed up in Hayward WI, about 3.5 hours away. All that off road action has the poor pup pretty worn out, so I pulled up early and got a room with a brand spanking new A/C. We'll probably roll in just before lunch tomorrow. We've been seeing a lot of Beemers the last couple of days in da UP, and a really nice 1150GSA sidecar rig passed and waved as we were dining al fresco in Bayfield WI this afternoon.

I'm having a few issues with the rig so will be picking the collective wisdom at the rally
*Several of the LEDs in my Skene P3 have failed. Need to buy just the light array.
*My Clearwater lights appear to be on full power all the time and I can't dim them which will limit my riding to daylight hours.
*The rig has developed several very loud squeaks after two days off roading in the UP. Will need someone to bounce it while I listen for the source(s).
*The SRC unit in my Schuberth C3 won't hold a charge longer than thirty seconds. This also happened last year.

Anyway, other than that we're having a great time and looking forward to seeing the family again!

Pete (and Barley)

Back