• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Good Gear Ideas

100,000+ miler
I thought a thread on good gear ideas, such as appear in the MOA magazine could be useful.

A couple of friends have commented on something I've been doing for a while. Go to the dollar store and get the small pouches they sell as pencil cases. They're great for organizing small items and far cheaper than the purpose-made items sold in the accessory catalogues. They're handy in a tank bag, saddlebag, or even a cargo pocket.

A couple I keep on hand all the time:
IMG_1182.jpg

The smaller ones make a great face shield cleaning kit. Add a dollar store microfibre cloth and your favourite cleaning solution and you're good to go. I also keep a cable gun lock handy, it makes a great helmet lock.

IMG_1183.jpg

The larger sizes are just right to make a durable map case. Good protection and with this one, the neoprene construction is water resistant.

Any home-brewed gear ideas you'd like to share?

:thumb Dave. Something simple-not my idea but I like it. From you morning cereal box-the inner bag is some sort of a waxy plastic kind of material. It will hold things like a spare drive chain or other messy parts real well. I don't know what it's made of but it really lasts and you can see what's in the bag. Gary

Back