• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vemar Jiano Bluetooth

lonetour

Lonetour
The Vemar Jiano Bluetooth has been out for a couple years now but it seems the only reviews I can find are from 08. Does anyone own one of these helmets and can I have your opinion of it.:dunno

Hello, I have owned two of these for about a month. Mine seems to be fine, but my wife's seems to be losing a charge after about four hours (they are supposed to go ten hours). I called the dealer, and they are getting me a replacement with no questions asked.
The helmet is very comfortable, and the built-in fighter pilot sun shield is awesome. The blue-tooth function works well also. I have it paired with my Blackberry, and helmet to helmet is fine as well. I would say that we can talk up to about twenty feet apart, an it gets pretty crackly after that. We seem to have developed a dependence on the communication abilities, and it is really a drag to go without it in unfamiliar places.

Vemar Jiano

I can't comment on the bluetooth capability, but I can comment on the helmet itself, which I've worn for a couple of years. It is generally very comfortable, a little noisy. It tends to leak water down back of the shield (I think most do) in a good rain.
The small red plastic lever attached to the mechanism allowing you to raise or lower the dark sun screen is a design flaw. Mine broke with normal gloved hand manipulation after a year. Had to glue it back on.
The chin strap mechanism is very nice as it is a ratchet rather than double D.

Back