• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bmw r18

kmendez

Anyone already done any modifications?
New exhaust ?
Wheels?
Bobber kit?
Just got mine and started to look at ways to modify exhaust.
Also planning on maybe adapt a bobber fender and seat since bmw option not available
Disappointed BMW wasn’t ready to release majority of accessories until
Next year.

Any help welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the R18 is not an Oilhead type motorcycle and also since a lot of discussion so far is in the Motorrad section of the forum, this thread will be moved after a little bit of time.

Waching this thread to see how it develops. If moving to the Motorrad section of forum, where exactly is that? I looked and didn't see any specific section titled Motorrad. Since the R18 is a camhead/head, why wouldn't the topic be included the camhex head section like the R nine T, especially since it shares some cross over parts from the niner. I looked at one yesterday and was surprised to see the oil cooler radiator the exact same cooler as on my Urban, although the cover over it is different. I would have thought with such a big engine the cooling fins would have been bigger but guess all that metal in that 200 plus pound engine distributes the heat to the jug fins better than in the smaller niner engine. Anyway would hate to lose visibility of the topic because of my limited browsing abilities. Thanks.

If moving to the Motorrad section of forum, where exactly is that? I looked and didn't see any specific section titled Motorrad.

The Motorrad section is the first one under The Garage.

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/forumdisplay.php?65-Motorrad

There's been discussion about creating a separate section for the R18 but there's trouble trying to figure out what it is. Plus it's only just beginning to show up in discussions.

Forum main page has all the forum areas listed. You can tap on the bike picture on the top of the page or the Forum button in the tool bar below the picture.
OM

Since the R18 has a really big motor and those two massive jugs sticking out, why not call it the Big Head? Just say'in, please don't hate me...:ear:laugh

Anyone already done any modifications?
New exhaust ?
Wheels?
Bobber kit?
Just got mine and started to look at ways to modify exhaust.
Also planning on maybe adapt a bobber fender and seat since bmw option not available
Disappointed BMW wasn’t ready to release majority of accessories until
Next year.

Any help welcome

be5218ad5643705ffb1bd6d07dd7d314.jpeg

Started the modification process
Molding the ugly exhaust for not using the butchering term

Since the R18 has a really big motor and those two massive jugs sticking out, why not call it the Big Head? Just say'in, please don't hate me...:ear:laugh

I think that would make it a Jughead.

Or a NSFW alternative.

Fathead

I sat one at my local dealer (Eurosport, Asheville, NC - a great bunch of folks BTW)

Definitely not your grandfather's Beemer, but definitely a striking machine. I hope BMW sells a boatload of them.

Yeah, Fathead would cover it.

Back