• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rear tire pressure not measuring

crossfire3006

crossfire3006
Hi All,
I have a 2010 BMW K1300GT and have a question about the tire pressure monitoring error I'm receiving. When the bike is on and I'm riding, a red triangle illuminates in the console. When I scroll through to the info button and come to the tire pressure indicator for both the front and rear tire, the front PSI is spot on but the rear PSI is indicating 18PSI and it's blinking. The tire pressure is right at 42PSI so I'm assuming the sensor is bad. I looked up the part(s) and this is what I came up with:

01 36 31 8532731 Sensor with valve RDC 1 $233.71
02 36 31 8520871 Repair kit, tire pressure monitor valve RDC 1 $37.17
03 71 21 7698971 sign "TPC" tire pressure control 1 $4.19

Any idea if I would need to purchase the Sensor with valve RDC at $233.71 or just the repair kit, tire pressure monitor valve RDC at $37.17 or the tire pressure control at $4.19? Thanks for the help everyone!

Why are auto and truck TPM cheaper in cost? About $50.:scratch

Allegedly the argument is they are built for the harsh environments of a motorcycle...my WAG is it's BMW and the Euro safety regs being overplayed

These have increased in price by leaps and bounds in the last three years. I bought several in the $120 range and was shocked then

Back