• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anyone bringing their GS-911 to Redmond?

KenDittrick

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197
I'll buy the first person to reset my 'Service' indicator a beer to get rid of the that annoying warning!

I heard the US vendor for the GS-911 was going to be at the rally. I plan to buy one since we currently have two bikes that could be served by it, and I expect to have a third someday. If I'm successful in my endeavor to spend my cash, I'll take you up on the beer offer Ken as long as I can get it all set up, connected and functioning. :drink

It come and goes:

The service indicator in the screen will come and go as miles grow! My GSA is at 51000 now and the service word has appeared a few times, but goes out a few hundred miles later. It does not stay on long on mine. GSA'07 model. Randy:thumb

TWO seminars!

They will be doing two seminars at the rally.

Friday at 10 AM, and Saturday at 2:15.

Seminar Description:

We will be demonstrating diagnostics using the GS911 Tool and general Q & A of engine management systems. The GS911 diagnostic tool allows you to read out fault codes, reset service reminders, and look at what your sensors are doing in real time on your modern BMW, plus much more. In recent years many BMW riders were displeased at the notion that they were forced to take their modern computer controlled BMW motorcycle to the dealership if an ABS light or other trouble light comes on. There was no way for a rider to read out the code that is stored in the bike's memory. Furthermore, one of the routine service requirements is to read out fault codes, so even if you do all your own maintenance, you still had to go to the dealer to have your codes read. Sometimes there are codes present for things you don't know about so it is an important part of the routine service requirements. With the introduction of the GS911, you are no longer compelled to return to the dealer and pay dealer labor rates only to find out the code was for a burned out tail light bulb. The GS911 puts the control back into the owner's hands. Furthermore, if you are stranded far from home with a bike that won't start, the GS911 can be used with certain cell phones to read out trouble codes on the fly.​

Back