• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Valeo Fog/Aux Lights

I have recently acquired a 2002 BMW R1150 GSA with factory fitted fog/aux lights. See attached. My rather embarrassing issue is how do you get item #2 in the diagram (part #71607664590) apart to replace the bulb? I have searched high and low and can find very little info on these lights. I'm concerned that an incorrect approach to opening them up will cause damage and they are expensive to replace.

Many thanks.

Tim

Attachments

• Fog Aux lights.jpg
    Fog Aux lights.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 125
Welcome to the forum! I got a little sidetracked on the name "Valeo". Is that the product name? I usually associate that name with starters on Airheads, maybe Oilheads.

Anyway, I tracked a picture down which showed just the grill. Could the attachment be in the circled area, one on top and one on bottom? Maybe a small screw?

BMWGrill.jpg

Thanks for your efforts Kurt, but removing the grill is the easy part. Its actually opening the main housing to change the bulb that is my issue. Valeo seem to make a lot of electrical stuff that includes lights and starters which tends to make Google searches harder.

Cheers.

Tim

These gotta be the same. The microfiche for the Valeo fog lights for the R1200C show one of the 2 screws on part #3 to remove the back. I think that's exactly the same as yours.
Capture.JPG
Take care not to lose the miniature o-rings. They're between the back cover and the light housing and sit in little recesses. Sometimes they fall out when removing the 2 screws.

Thanks Rocketmanli. The 1200C lights look to be near identical to my 1150GS lights. I'll poke around with them this week when I have some time. Have you ever had to go further into the light to clean the reflector, inside the front glass, etc.? Have you ever investigated whats behind the grey plastic/rubber cover below the two allen screws? It looks like its covering a thread/nut or some such.

Cheers.

Tim

That gray thing is an air vent I guess to let moisture out. When you remove the bulb guts you can get a Q-tip with rubbing alcohol or glass cleaner in there. Suggest not disassembling the entire light fixture. Its held together with some pretty strong glue or epoxy.

Last edited:
Back