• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Pine Mountain, Kentucky -- September 11-13, 2020

See you at Pine Mountain!

My wife and I, along with our merry band of misfits, have been asked to take over the planning and organization of the Pine Mountain Getaway from Bill and Nancy. We hope to be able to build off the grand foundation that Bill and Nancy provided us.

If you have any comments or ideas on how we can make the PM getaway better, please don't hesitate to contact me, dcasey851@gmail dot com, or PM me.

We look forward to seeing you at Pine Mountain!

Daryl Casey #163033

Daryl -

Thanks for stepping in on this! You might want to have the office update the main website page...it mentions Bill and Nancy at one point.

Is this event still on?

If so, what kind of attendance is expected to date. Not much traffic on this thread.

If so, what kind of attendance is expected to date. Not much traffic on this thread.

Wife & I will be there, along with another couple. We were there the past (2) years and its a great time. Past 2- years there were about 70-90 people. I'd expect fewer (considering whats going on) but still more than the thread traffic indicates.

Wife & I will be there, along with another couple. We were there the past (2) years and its a great time. Past 2- years there were about 70-90 people. I'd expect fewer (considering whats going on) but still more than the thread traffic indicates.

Thanks! Considering it and trying to schedule my time off.

I'll be there. My first MOA Getaway. Tried to attend several this year, but all I was interested in were cancelled.

Is anyone organizing a group ride for Saturday or anything?

Typically, members will get together and organize on site. Very spontaneous and rewarding. My recommendation, hover appropriately distanced around groups that may be looking over a map, or GPS, introduce yourself, and request to join them, I seriously doubt folks will decline your request.

Of course, the very first getaway I ever went on, the riding group was formed right here on the forums... so, also very effective.

43320AE8-2FB2-47D8-A35C-8D41C3AF7B3A.jpg

A photo from that first ride taken by my forum buddy Chris Wilhelm on the Cherahala Skyway, Fontana Getaway 2015.

My wife and I, along with our merry band of misfits, have been asked to take over the planning and organization of the Pine Mountain Getaway from Bill and Nancy. We hope to be able to build off the grand foundation that Bill and Nancy provided us.

If you have any comments or ideas on how we can make the PM getaway better, please don't hesitate to contact me, dcasey851@gmail dot com, or PM me.

We look forward to seeing you at Pine Mountain!

Daryl Casey #163033

Daryl, I know you and the Mrs. will do a great job. Just a heads up, my cousin Beth Blue is the head chef there. She will do everything she can to take care of you all. I was going to make it a family affair and come up with mom and Aunt Linda (her mom) but then Covid... and an overzealous, overreaching O-8 at Rucker squashed all that. This was going to be me and Rhonda’s “big year” of rally’s and Getaways, pine mountain was in the line up. Have fun and be safe. I appreciate what you are doing for our club. Till we meet again sir, salute.

Typically, members will get together and organize on site. Very spontaneous and rewarding. My recommendation, hover appropriately distanced around groups that may be looking over a map, or GPS, introduce yourself, and request to join them, I seriously doubt folks will decline your request.

Of course, the very first getaway I ever went on, the riding group was formed right here on the forums... so, also very effective.

A photo from that first ride taken by my forum buddy Chris Wilhelm on the Cherahala Skyway, Fontana Getaway 2015.

Sounds good. I'm going to hit some sites I want to see on the way down (Back of the Dragon, WV/KY mining towns, etc.). A ride to the Cumberland gap visitor center would be cool and then up for anything else, frankly. Also hoping to talk to new people that are not colleagues on MS Teams. :)

Is anyone organizing a group ride for Saturday or anything?

We are working on a some ride routes and destinations for folks to explore, and we can always set up a group ride if there's enough interest. We can poll everyone Friday night at dinner.

Take care,
Daryl

Just a heads up for all Pine Mountain attendees, per CDC and State regulations masks must be worn while in the Lodge and the State Resort Park.

I promise you all that me and my Kentucky Crew are doing the best we can to ensure this event will be a great time!

See you on the Mountain!
Daryl

We are working on a some ride routes and destinations for folks to explore, and we can always set up a group ride if there's enough interest. We can poll everyone Friday night at dinner.

Take care,
Daryl

Great ideas....The past 2-years we did longer 250-300 mile day rides for Saturday. Had a great time but we'd like to see some of the cool local sites this year.

Great ideas....The past 2-years we did longer 250-300 mile day rides for Saturday. Had a great time but we'd like to see some of the cool local sites this year.

Here are a few destinations. Give em a Google search!

Kentucky Mist Distillery - kentuckymist.com approx. 80ish miles from the Resort. Lunch at Heritage Kitchen - hertiagekitchenfood.com

Kentucky Coal Museum - 58 miles from Resort. 231 Main St Benham, KY

Cumberland Falls State Resort Park - 57 miles

View attachment 80161

It looks like a filing cabinet is sneaking up on you from the other side of the rock wall! Glad to know you escaped its clutches!

Thanks for a great weekend

Thanks to the Kentucky group for a great weekend. Great rides on Saturday too! Looking forward to next year.

Back