• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Opinions on System Case Liners?

mistercindy

I'm inclined to order system case liner's from Kathy's at Bob's BMW, but I wanted to get an opinion or two first. I went to my local dealer (who I try to support) who quoted me $240+ for a set of liners, which seems outrageous. Kathy's cost $99 plus shipping and I've read a decent review of them.

My objective is to have something that's waterproof, that form fits the system cases, and that I can remove and carry to a motel room, etc..., without having to remove and lug the system cases themselves.

Any thoughts?

The BMW liners are, to my mind, too rigid; the Kathy's are too limp. I like the RKA liners, which have a little body (but not too much), a nice strap with which they can be carried off the bike, and a little removable shaving kit/bathroom pouch on the back of the right liner. They're a nice shade of grey, well-trimmed.

The old bag

I have Helen-2-Wheels liners which have served me quite well...

I'm sure someone will pop up and suggest the Cee Bailey liners. I've never seen them in the flesh, so I can't say anything either way about them.

I should be out riding today with the local club on the peak to peak ride but the forcast was for cold and possible rain / snow at elevations up in the foothills. I did the rain thing twice this past week on my daily commute, so I figure that I've reached by weekly maximum quota for "wet miles"

Happy bag shopping

I have a set of liners from Cee Bailey and the are great. They are thicker and better made than Kathy's. I got the set ( both sides and top case) for about $120. so the price is right. It may be worth getting the larger size( the ones that fit the oversize lids). They are not that much more and if you get the larger lids (about $120 for a set of 2) you are ready to go. I think they threw in a readlight guard at a great price also. The oversized bags expand via a second zipper so the fit standard and large lids. :thumb Good luck

I have H2W bag liners and am pretty happy with them. My one complaint is that it is possible to over fill them and then they don't fit in the System Cases. DAMHIK.

BradfordBenn said:
I have H2W bag liners and am pretty happy with them. My one complaint is that it is possible to over fill them and then they don't fit in the System Cases. DAMHIK.

I found that the first time I used them. My solution? I got the extra large lids. When overstuffed they fit just right now.

Doubt you're going to find any that are waterproof. It would require zipper flaps for that. Bags' o-rings are maintainable.

MarkF said:
I found that the first time I used them. My solution? I got the extra large lids. When overstuffed they fit just right now.
See and BoxerGrrrrliee told me I packed too much stuff, I knew I had the right amount, just the wrong system cases. ;)

BradfordBenn said:
See and BoxerGrrrrliee told me I packed too much stuff, I knew I had the right amount, just the wrong system cases. ;)

When are you gonna learn? You gonna let a girl tell you that you did something wrong? I bet she read the directions, too.

Am I missing something here? I've been lugging those cases in and out of motels and it never occurred to me it's a whole lot lighter to have the inner bags. Duh !! Is this the usual conclusion like ear plugs? If you ride long enough you end up with liners? It's interesting that once you pack the liners, you then have the challange to get them to fit back inside the cases.

The other downside of those cases is they open like a clam shell so you have to close them fast before the inside stack of stuff starts to shift even with those elastic straps. God forbid you got that red tab in the wrong position when you're slamming. I've been lucky on that one so far.

Back