• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Help please: Need to identify R1100RT headlight part

flhfxd

I just removed a rather poorly installed aftermarket xenon headlight and power pack assembly from my 99 RT. I’m restoring it to stock. I believe I have most of the parts but I’m trying to identify if there’s a support plate missing from the rubber boot assembly. So my question is: is there a hard plastic, round backing plate to support the bulb receptacle? I cannot tell from the Max BMW microfiche or my PDF service manual.
Thx

Blindness

:laugh You're an honest man! Rare these days. Don't sweat it; we've all been there.
And after 60 it's kind of a regular occurrence... :banghead

Might be you gotta be kidding me blindness, we see the price for a part and YGBKM blindness, I can’t begin to imagine Canadian YGBKM! :scratch

I just didn’t recognize part #3 for what it was. Happily I have everything I need to restore the headlight to stock. And, I also have a set of PIAA lights to mount so that should set me up very well!

Back