• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Border Crossing Reminder

sheridesabeemer

I Used to Be Someone
UPDATED 16 SEPTEMBER 2002

Crossing the International Border between Canada and the United States requires inspection by Immigration & Customs, which will include a vehicle inspection. You will need personal identification documents, which differ depending on your citizenship. American and Canadian citizens need proof of citizenship, such as: a certified birth certificate PLUS a photo id (such as a driver's license); or a passport. A child without a passport, or who is not included on a parent's passport, must have a birth certificate, and if not the child of the adults accompanying them, a letter from the parents (with telephone and address contact information) is required. Citizens of other countries may be required to have a passport and/or visa.

I just had a whole crew of buddies from Pittsburgh PA go to a rover rally in Canada and get BIG hassles because the only ID they brought were Drivers Licenses. BRING your Passport is the advice of the day. It isn't the old days where the Canadian crossing was like driving accross a state line with a short chat with a cute Canadian girl. Why are most of them female and cute anyway?

RW

Thanks SheRidesABeemer!

Thanks for the heads up. I am considering going to the Lunatic Fringe Rally before Spokane and have lots of questions about riding in Canada. The border crossing was a biggie, of course.

In fact, just so that I don't hijack, I am going to start another thread with my questions. Your input would be appreciated!

Back