• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Manual

Has anyone found a good up to date, full of usable info, manual (not the $113 one) for a 2001 1150 GS?

I have a Haynes one for our RS that's OK.

The BMW one is actually pretty good. The drawings are useful and are better than most of the black and white photos I find in other manuals.

I'll pay for a decent manual. Even at $100, it's only a couple hours of shop labor by the dealer. Using the manual over the lifetime of a bike, it gets steadily cheaper. I consider manuals another tool to have.

:dunno

KBasa said:
[The BMW one is actually pretty good. The drawings are useful and are better than most of the black and white photos I find in other manuals.]

Where can one get the BMW manuals (i.e., the non-Haynes/Clymer)?

re

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure the BMW brand manual was worth it (or that there wasn't a cheaper (up to date/useful) version availible). I'm suprised by the lack of info (oil change ect) in the operators manual that comes with the bike.

Back