• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

October Des Moines rally site review: It looks GOOD!

oldcamper

Hanging in there
The 2018 rally site was reviewed in conjunction with the 2017 October MOA board meeting in Des Moines.

Not being on the board or any committee I was not part of the "official" review group but did tour the grounds and heard of some plans.
Details are still being worked out by the rally and committee chairs so I won't comment on anything specific but in general ...

First, as a rally tent camper, it looks like the Des Moines fairgrounds will be a VERY nice venue for our event. There's plenty of space, grass, shade trees, showers and power poles. RV'ers should love it as well. The grassy, shaded RV park is huge! If you plan to stay/go down town it's a straight shot only about 2 miles on Walnut street. There's a Walgreens, Burger King, Econo Lodge, a D's restaurant/bar near the main fairgrounds entrance. I saw many well-maintained buildings on the site so there should be no problems with vendors or seminars. The entire site is fenced so security should not be an issue.

In conclusion, I'm looking forward to next year's rally in Des Moines.

It's going to be a pleasant place to stay and there will be plenty of room to bring your friends along too!

Thanks for your review!

Looking forward to the fun times with new and "well seasoned" friends!

Voni
sMiling

AND it sounds real nice....

Hoping that what you've observed, are in fact the areas the actual contract allows us to use. Sometimes those "main entrances" are not suitable because of volume and traffic safety concerns... and the showers & nice green grass/tall trees, have restrictions. We can hope for the best though!
Thanks for your attendance and the informative report... and I'm in your camp. Optimistic on Iowa.

"travel'n" john

Hoping that what you've observed, are in fact the areas the actual contract allows us to use. Sometimes those "main entrances" are not suitable because of volume and traffic safety concerns... and the showers & nice green grass/tall trees, have restrictions. We can hope for the best though!
Thanks for your attendance and the informative report... and I'm in your camp. Optimistic on Iowa.

"travel'n" john

All the amenities and areas that were mentioned by the OP are in fact in our contract. The degree of infrastructure and facilities available for this rally are massive in scale. The city and area directly around the rally site are clean, well kept, and modern. I echo the OP's original sentiment, I am looking forward to this rally, I sincerely believe this rally has the potential to be one of the best if not the best in MOA history.

This is going to be a great rally! The fairgrounds are top notch and will accommodate us with ease. The whole area is superb and the people are as equally accommodating. There is so much to see in the area also, I do believe that this Rally will be one that stands out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back