• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Klim Overland Discontinued?

Karim

I love my Klim Overland Jacket I bought about a year ago for Adventure Riding and just decided to buy the matching pants only to discover that they are being discontinued? The Overland is a highly rated and liked product, I am curious as to why it is being discontinued. Anyone know? Is Klim planning to replace with something just as good or better? I have heard that Klim is branching out their types of products, but I haven't yet found one that seeemd to rival the Overland. Anyone have insights?

Sorry to hear that. I have a Badlands jacket and Overland pants and I am very happy with both of them. I haven't researched their current product line but if I were trying to get a close equivalent I'd check the discounted gear on Klim's website and also advrider.com and try to get a deal on used or new Overland or Badlands pants. Tons of Klim gear for sale on advrider. The Badlands pants are an upgrade from the Overland and should serve well.

Thanks Irish, great suggestion. There is actually a thread on Altrider discussing this same topic. If anyone is interested you can find it here http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...d-klim-overland-pretty-much-the-same.1173532/. It appears that the Overland is being discontinued and that it will likely be replaced by the Traverse. Don't know much about this product but intend to research.

*Update: Carlsbad not Traverse is the replacement and it looks pretty sweet, though at a higher price.

Last edited:
Back