• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sena Radio Help

akbeemer

SURVIVOR
I'm traveling and need help with a Sena radio. I do not have my operator's manual and need to know the procedure to disable the VOX function. I looked online and the manual I found is evidently for a newer version. It mentions using voice prompts; my radios do not use them. The procedure is a combination of pushing the Jog dial and phone button, but what it is I cannot recall. If you have my version please post the procedure.

Hi Kevin. My SMH10 was purchased July 2011 and I have not updated the software. The manual says:
Enabling/Disabling Voice Activated Intercom (Factory Default: Disabled)
If this feature is enabled, you can initiate an intercom conversation with the last connected Intercom Friend by speaking any word loudly enough. If you and your Intercom Friend remain silent for 20 seconds, the intercom terminates automatically.
If this feature is disabled, the only way to initiate and terminate an intercom conversation is to tap the Jog Dial.
1. Press and hold the Jog Dial for 8 seconds until the red LED turns on solidly. When you do this, after first 5 seconds you press the Jog Dial, you will see the headset enters into the Intercom Pairing sequence, but you have to keep pressing the Jog Dial for another 3 seconds until the LED turns to solid red.
2. To enable, tap the Jog Dial, then the blue LED flashes for 2 seconds and you will hear double beeps.
3. To disable, tap the Phone button, then the red LED flashes for 2 seconds and you will hear a single beep.
However, even when this feature is enabled, if you terminate intercom conversation manually by tapping the Jog Dial, you cannot start intercom by voice temporarily. In this case, you have to tap the Jog Dial to restart the intercom. This is to prevent repeated unintentional intercom connections by strong wind noise. If intercom conversation is once terminated by 20 seconds of silence or manually by the Intercom Friend, you can start intercom by voice again.
Safe journey.

Back