• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Im having my RT wrapped... please help with the color.

Blue or green?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dbaliko

I'm getting bored with the grey color of my 2012 RT, so I'm going to have it wrapped. I have whittled it down to two final choices. One is called Bahama Blue Pearl, and the other is Green Apple Matte Metallic. If I go with the green, I'm thinking of having the silver parts of the bike wrapped in a carbon fiber black. With the blue, I would probably leave the silver alone. With either color, my trunk will get wrapped the color of the bike.
I have attached images of both colors wrapped on cars. Please vote for your preference. Non-binding of course. :laugh:

Thanks
Doug

Attachments

• IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_1903.jpg
    IMG_1903.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 442
How Much?

Are you doing the wrap or a shop?

Approximate cost, including labor?

Does the wrapping require disassembly or does it get done with body panels in place?

Are you doing the wrap or a shop?

Approximate cost, including labor?

Does the wrapping require disassembly or does it get done with body panels in place?

I'm not brave enough to try it myself. I'm having a shop do it. It's about $850 all in. The installer hasn't decided how he's going to work with the bike. I offered to remove all the panels, but he thinks it may be easier to work on the bike while it's mostly together. Obviously, where some panels overlap, we'll have to remove some.

Doug

Last edited:
Its a Wrap

I love the blue color.

I've been thinking of doing a wrap on my 2014 RT, in bright yellow. I would love to see pictures of your bike when you are finished. Is the wrap easily removable to restore the bike to original for re-sale value?

I love the blue color.

I've been thinking of doing a wrap on my 2014 RT, in bright yellow. I would love to see pictures of your bike when you are finished. Is the wrap easily removable to restore the bike to original for re-sale value?

I will post pictures when it's done. Yes, apparently it's relatively easy to remove.

I love the blue color.

Wow, please post pictures if you do this. Thanks

Apparently there are different kinds of wraps. Can you please tell us what (make, model, material(?)) kind of wrap it is?

My installer prefers to work with Avery Dennison SW900 Supreme Wrapping Film. Another premium wrap is 3M series 1080.

Doug

Of the 2, I liked the blue better...
But my favorite is Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic....yyyuuuummmm.

I've watched the installation videos on these films. Reminds me a lot of covering RC models with iron on film....very easy to go "Oooops" and make a mess.

Awaiting the final pics.

Bill R

I will post pictures when it's done. Yes, apparently it's relatively easy to remove.

According to an FAQ on one of the wrap vendor sites, "Yes, the product can be removed with heat and cleaners and will not damage the surface, in fact it will protect the surface it covers."

Needing heat and cleaners doesn't sound easy to me. I guess "relatively" is the operative word.

Can't somebody do a photoshop for Doug so he can look at the actual bike with the color choices he is contemplating? It may be easier if you see the bike in the colors vs the cars.

My preference is toward Outhouse Brown Metalic
My uncle had a friend who was color-blind....he had his 1969 Malibu 396 custom painted....he just loved how it turned out...:thumb
Guess what the color was to all of us...:lol

At least the bule and green here are viewable.
Bill

I love the blue color.

Something like this?

Attachments

• IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 313
Doug,

I wouldn't put that green on anything I own. It would make me want to sell the bike (if I could find someone who wanted it).

But, I don't own YOUR bike. Do what YOU want with your bike. Hopefully, you will be spending many miles on your bike. Do what makes your inner self smile the most. You should care less what we (a bunch of old guys set in our own ways) think. :gerg:gerg:gerg

But I like the blue best, or maybe a nice Marakesch Red.:hide

Post several detailed photos of the results. Interesting project!:thumb

:dance:dance:dance

Doug,

I wouldn't put that green on anything I own. It would make me want to sell the bike (if I could find someone who wanted it).

But, I don't own YOUR bike. Do what YOU want with your bike. Hopefully, you will be spending many miles on your bike. Do what makes your inner self smile the most. You should care less what we (a bunch of old guys set in our own ways) think. :gerg:gerg:gerg

But I like the blue best, or maybe a nice Marakesch Red.:hide

Post several detailed photos of the results. Interesting project!:thumb

:dance:dance:dance

Man, you REALLY don't like green. Since it can be removed it shouldn't have any effect on resale. As a matter of fact, BMW offers such crappy dull colors it will probably help. :dunno

Last edited:
Back