• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Shocking video

My mother taught me when I was a very young child: "Look both ways before crossing the street." That wisdom of course applies when the light goes green... People run red lights every day - expect it.

It appears that the cab air dam saved his life. I got tee boned in a car years ago and have never trusted a light signal since.

My mother taught me when I was a very young child: "Look both ways before crossing the street”.
Seems like that has been overruled by the “new” training. Around here, children are not taught to look at much. When they get off the school bus they run across the street like there was a force field.
OM

I never go until i am sure that the way is clear

in fact, when i was teaching my daughter to drive, she pulled away from a green light without looking both ways. I explained to her that this was a bad practice to which she said "but i had the green light". I asked her if she had ever seen someone drive through a red light... she gave me a sheepish look. The VERY NEXT red light that we came to, the inevitable happened.... someone ran the red light. I had put my arm across her chest so that she wouldn't move forward, but she hadn't taken her foot off of the brake. We just looked at each other and nodded in agreement.

Seems like that has been overruled by the “new” training. Around here, children are not taught to look at much. When they get off the school bus they run across the street like there was a force field.
OM
By overprotecting the kids. we leave them more vulnerable to the real life.
What happens with the kid when he takes a public bus? But this is away from
the thread. By the way, if you read forward, the 50-year-old truck driver driver
was charged $406 for distracted driving and running a red light.
Just wonder how would it been judged without the dash cam evidence...

1.jpg
Rear wheel locked, front wheel turned to the left; head turned to the right,

2.jpg
rear wheel continuing around, foot down...

I wasn't going to comment because there were too many factors that caused this.

First: Bad, really bad intersection. Truck is North bound at 100 kmh from a curve. If you don't know that there is an intersection there, the warning lights for the red are barely enough to warn you. Being distracted........................

Second: Obviously a new rider. We don't have any system here to graduate riders into real life riding.

Third: The lights are fast and forces people to jump.

Fourth: Anybody with a heartbeat can get a Class 1 license and to get a Class 6 basically means if the bike didn't fall over on your road test, you can ride a bike.

Another observation here: the car from across the road is about to the enter. The truck to it's left
obstructs the view. Proceeds carefully, and stops, as he sees the truck coming. He would have been
second casualty right then. The rider had much better angle o view both ways. At 35, even if he
was a beginner as motorcycle rider, he should have a few years as driver. As final though: many
guardian angels where flying in that intersection: the rider's to protect him from instant death or
a life as a vegetable. The truck driver's to protect him from a life full of remorse and may never
drive again. And many that watch this video will learn, so their guardian angels can take a rest!:nod

Back