• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

p3 lights vs hyperlights

wudshp

Does anyone like or dislike the p3 led lights made by skene design? I am thinking of putting them on my r1200rt.

Love them! They are one of the best farkles I've added to my bike. I have never heard/read anything bad about them over the years.

Thanks stig, I just searched the advrider forum and there are at least 100 posts saying how great the p3's are.

There's nothing wrong with Hyperlites, but they don't do that flickering thing that the Skene lights do.

I have both types on my bike.

The only "negative"

comment i have ever gotten with the Skene's was due to a guy behind me not understand why one was flashing and the other one wasn't..... Like a turn signal would... :stick

But at least he noticed them.... :nyah

I love them. I have had the yellow photon blasters on the front of my bike since I started commuting in April 2011 and have only had a few vehicles pull out in front of me.

At the rally, I talked to both Skeen & the guy selling Hyperlights. After talking to both, I bought the Skeen. Why? The maker was selling it & gave me the best sales pitch about how to install, how it would work with my CANbus, etc. The Hyperlights guy could not answer those questions as well.

Back