• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1st. Annual Laurel Highlands Weekend, Somerset PA Sept 23-26 2021

Put it in the books the wife and I will be there.

Marty

BOOK YOUR ROOM!!!!!
They will become scarce.

You must Call the motel direct or use the link on the calendar page to book your room. If you try online without the link you'll be told the motel is sold out!
jason

Last edited:
Fallingwater - Frank Lloyd Wright

https://fallingwater.org/

If you want to visit Frank Lloyd Wrights masterpeice Fallingwater while in Somerset note...................

You must make a reservation before hand!

And in the Fall this place is always packed with people!

BOOK THOSE ROOMS
jason

Flight 93 Memorial 20th Observance

https://www.nps.gov/flni/index.htm

This year is the 20th Anniversary of the 911 attacks on our country.
If you attend our rally you are only 20 minutes away for the Flight 93 National Park.
Please allow time in your schedule to visit. I'd recommend 1 - 1.5 hours.

BOOK THOSE ROOMS
Jason

https://www.nps.gov/flni/index.htm

This year is the 20th Anniversary of the 911 attacks on our country.
If you attend our rally you are only 20 minutes away for the Flight 93 National Park.
Please allow time in your schedule to visit. I'd recommend 1 - 1.5 hours.

BOOK THOSE ROOMS
Jason

We (Voni and I) stopped there in 2003. It was a bonus location during the Iron Butt Rally. It is a location where I wasted a lot of time. It was not much developed. Mostly a chain link fence with dolls, teddy bears, and other mementos placed there by relatives and friends. It was very similar to visiting the site of the Oklahoma City bombing of the Federal Building which I visited during the Iron Butt Rally in 1999. In both instances this was not a "grab a photo" stop. It was a spiritual time of reflection and remorse. Candid thoughts about the inhumanity of humankind. If you have a chance - go. Ponder. And Reflect. You will most likely be better for it.

p.s. Jason; FYI Johnstown was also a 1999 IBR bonus, on my way to Cass, WV.

We (Voni and I) stopped there in 2003. It was a bonus location during the Iron Butt Rally. It is a location where I wasted a lot of time. It was not much developed. Mostly a chain link fence with dolls, teddy bears, and other mementos placed there by relatives and friends. It was very similar to visiting the site of the Oklahoma City bombing of the Federal Building which I visited during the Iron Butt Rally in 1999. In both instances this was not a "grab a photo" stop. It was a spiritual time of reflection and remorse. Candid thoughts about the inhumanity of humankind. If you have a chance - go. Ponder. And Reflect. You will most likely be better for it.

p.s. Jason; FYI Johnstown was also a 1999 IBR bonus, on my way to Cass, WV.

You should have stopped for a cool drink!

The memorial is now a FULL FLEDGED Nation Park! There is a beautiful Visitors Center and Memorial Wall at the actual crash site. Several hundreds of thousands visit every year. Very moving experience every time I stop. I live 20 minues away. I find that visiting early in the morning before the crowd arrives is best for me.

Here is the link to the event.
https://www.bmwmoa.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1489206&group=

jason

Last edited:
Friday night dinner

• Applewood Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Sweet Southern Slaw and FOC’s Homemade BBQ Sauce

• Garlic Lime Grilled Chicken (boneless breasts and thighs)

• FOC’s Grilled Potato Salad

• Grilled Vegetables (Zucchini, Yellow Squash, and Asparagus)

• Garden Salad with Homemade Ranch and Italian Dressing

BYOB........
BOOK THOSE ROOMS.
jason

BMW Riders and their Friends

I've had several inquiries asking if you have to be a MOA member to attend...

This event is open to all BMW riders and their friends. Membership is not required.

tks,
jason

Registration is growing..............hoping to hit our 1st. Year goal of 60 attendees.

Rooms are still available but the BLOCK expires on Sept 9th. SO BOOK THOSE ROOMS!

Thanks,
Jason
BMW Riders, Laurel Highlands #294

Ok, we're about 2 weeks out............

Approximately 30 rooms booked and 50 registered for the weekend.

Still time to register and if you can't book a room at the Comfort Inn there are many others motels within walking distance.
Someone asked about Camping.
Laurel Hill State Park or Pioneer Campground are both near by and nice.

See you soon.
jason

Back