• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I am sold on BMW but?

D

Dickson

I have a victory vision street now, and it rides good with lots of power but the gears sound like they are grinding and I was told when I get 10,000 miles on it. The noise will stop.Well for my money, it doesn't need to do anything but sound good. I need help because I have seen the k1200 LT with the top case off with a luggage rack, and looks cool. I like to ride straight up not to much forward leaning.I need advice please. thanks I am a one up rider.

If you are a one up rider take a close look at the K1200GT.

Nice comfortable position and lots of get-up-and-go!

Another good choice is the Honda ST1300.

The LT is a lot of bike and, like the Gold Wing, was built to accommodate two up.

Welcome to the family.

I would advise you to go to your nearest BMW dealer and test ride a couple of bikes.

The R 1200 RT has a pretty straight up seating position.

Good luck in the search. Let us know when you decide.

Glad to have you here.

First, welcome to the site, there is an abundance of good information and good people on here.

I agree with the above post, go to a dealer and take a ride on different bikes, then make up your mind. I am coming from 35 different bikes, with the last 3 being Harleys. I test rode a R1200RT and fell in love with it, so comfortable and a pleasure to ride. That is my one and only ride now.

Ron

Welcome Dickson - you have great advice here.

I ride solo as my wife has her own bike.

I had the RT and loved it, then I got the KGT and love that - if you like power across the entire powerband this is the bike for you.

But most importantly it is you who decides what you want, we can only offer opinions of our rides.

So find a local dealere and test ride, one warning though, either bike is a winner so bring your wallet :brow

Check in often and let us know what you get

:beer

Back