• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1100RT/R1150RT Front Fairing/Headlight Fairing Interchangeability.

dieselyoda

My R1100RT just took another bullet to the front fairing and this one clipped the headlight and I don't think a little dap of glue is going to keep the crack from spreading. The front fairing has another nice stone bruise on it that has turned into a spider web.

So I have to do something.

I like the looks of that big headlight on an R1150RT. Other than my cosmetic issue, this latest R1100RT that I just got has only 28K miles on it and everything works very nicely.

Can I interchange an R1150RT front fairing w/headlight assembly to my R1100RT?

I suppose you have looked at the fiche and have seen that the 1100/1150 fairing brackets have different part numbers.

IIRC, there are also some differences in the dash panel and that might mount in different holes.
Interesting thing to try though. I would think that you would need an 1150 piece to match up with the 1100 one to see if it's doable.
I do think the 1150 light is superior to the 1100's.

Last edited:
I believe there are enough differences in the two front fairings that I wouldn't try it unless I had a complete front fairing from the donor bike. By complete I mean everything that you don't see underneath also.

Back