• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Internet Access at the Rally

S

skiziks

Are there any plans to offer this anywhere on the rally grounds? A few Wi-Fi hotspots would be the cats pajammas.:cat

Computers?????? Internet?????

thud.gif

Wi-Fi

I understand from Jackie Hughes, that the internet provider for the rally will have a wireless wi-fi setup in the Cyber cafe location. So you can bring your laptop and network card to connect . :thumb
-Sirby

Sweet! I'll have mine. Maybe I'll bring my webcam too. :evil

Rob and I are going to run a "How to use the Forum" seminar, so I knew there'd be access, but wireless is too cool. This may lead to some tent based browsing if there's camping space near the cyber cafe. :D

wi-fi

Ha! That would be cool. That just may be possible. I don't think we can count on signal in the beer hall though. It is a ways away from the cyber-stop. Too bad, as we spent hours in the beer hall in Redmond with laptops, without access, and was hoping we could get online in the beer hall this time. No biggy. :wow
-Sirby

Powah!

I was looking around for power outlets, on the tour. I saw them in many places. There is an overflow room adjacent to the beer hall where there are electrical outlets on every support column in this large room. In the Cyber cafe area in a separate building, I did not look for outlets, but I imagine there are plenty. This facility is pretty well equipped . Even out on one of the lawn camping areas there are outlets on posts, but I don't know if they are hot. It looks like the lawn is used for vendor booths during the County Fair or something, but we will fill it with "quiet side" camping. There is another huge lawn area devoid of electrical posts which is designated the "loud- side" camping area.
-Sirby:bliss :bliss

Wi-Fi Access

An interesting article for you wireless wonders appeared in the Seattle paper this morning about the new "Hot Zone" in downtown Spokane. Check it out at:http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/179220_spokane24.html

You can now get free internet access from a 100 block area in downtown Spokane. But for only a couple of hours a day.

Maybe someday it will be more widespread, but this is the largest in the US so far.
-Steve

:clap

Back