• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2009 K1300GT foot peg lowering

Quickster2

With my riding boots the foot pegs seem awful tight to the new to me K1300GT. I've looked at some foot peg lowering kits and I am soliciting opinions on which is best? Also, is it recommended to get the shift lever extension also? Thanks in advance.

I put the Suburban Machine rider peg lowering kit on my '08 K1200GT last year before a big trip. I really like them ... a lot. Far less hip and low back discomfort. Scraping the pegs in turns isn't really a problem for me as I'm not an aggressive rider. If you are, this could become an issue. The devices are very well made and a snap to install. Because the pegs are moved outboard a bit as well as down and forward, you have to toe-in some to reach the shifter. I'm planning to order the shift pedal extension which should help. The brake pedal is not adjustable to any extent so it is pretty useless with the lowering kit installed. Of course, with linked brakes the need for independent rear braking is much less. There may be someone out there with a solution to the brake pedla issue. I'm sure they will chime in. Now, if there were only a cruising peg solution for our bikes!

Back