• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A meandering ride south of Denver

C

CO_G30

A gorgeous day here in the Front Range, rode with temps in the 40s to high 50s. Cruised mainly in the south metro area of Denver and a bit further south as well. More details in the blog. Here's a couple of pics of the snow on the ground, but not on the roads which were dry with wet spots where snow was melting from the accumulations on the sides of the roads.

No, that's water, not ice on the road....

Attachments

• nearwatertoncanyonrd2.jpg
    nearwatertoncanyonrd2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 79
Nope, not lately. I can deal with 15 degree temps for short rides, but snow and ice are something I wait out. It sounds like it will warm up here shortly, so maybe soon.

I've been keeping an eye on your blog, it's been interesting reading. Isn't Denver due for another snowstorm? It looks like you have it all figured out on how to get some riding in regardless. :thumb

Nope, not lately. I can deal with 15 degree temps for short rides, but snow and ice are something I wait out. It sounds like it will warm up here shortly, so maybe soon.

I've been keeping an eye on your blog, it's been interesting reading. Isn't Denver due for another snowstorm? It looks like you have it all figured out on how to get some riding in regardless. :thumb

--well, there IS a method to my madness...or should I say to my possible demise?

I mean, sure I have a way out, and the roads are mostly dry, but commuting to/from work today, there were some moments when I cam upon a wide expanse of wet road from melting snow that made me slow down and wonder about black ice.

No issues but I'll be glad when all the snow is gone, it's melting quite nicely but there's just so much of it that we're not used to having hang around for so long.

And yes, more snow predicted for the weekend, must make sure I have plenty of gas for the snow thrower....more than likely though, it'll be the "normal" snow we're used to getting which dissapears in a day or two. I hope so anyways.

Back