• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What's in your garage?

I need a bigger garage.

200227503-L.jpg

No problem, just move the /2 back into the atrium!

Hey Dave, when you get a bigger garage can I have the current one? I could use that much space.

It's attached to the house, so probably not.

Like Darryl said, the /2 goes in the atrium. If I ever get off my dead ass and put that airhead back together, it'll probably live in there too. That article in last month's ON about restoring that R100CS has inspired me to get to it.

Dave, you could get more bikes in your garage, if only you arranged them better. As you can see, I've got room for 2 more bikes in mine, before I have to boot the Z3 into the driveway.

P9254894_med.jpg

Hey all,

One of my girlfriends is hauling in her old '75 Honda from Brooklyn in the back of her pickup, as we speak,
with the somewhat telling caveat that "It's pretty rusty".

Anyone out there know a reputable source for old (either used but preferably "new") Honda parts, online, besides E-bay?
It sounds like she is going to be in the market.

:bikes

Hey all,

One of my girlfriends is hauling in her old '75 Honda from Brooklyn in the back of her pickup, as we speak,
with the somewhat telling caveat that "It's pretty rusty".

Anyone out there know a reputable source for old (either used but preferably "new") Honda parts, online, besides E-bay?
It sounds like she is going to be in the market.

:bikes

Check out the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club. They've got a nice magazine they publish that has great sources for old parts.

What kind of Honda is it? World Motorcycles in Oakland has just about everything you need for SOHC CB750s.

Ok, I'll bite-

What is it that you all do that you can afford all these nice bikes, semi-exotic (or full on exotic) cars, AND spend all day online to write about it?

Are any of you hiring? I'll work for any of you if it will afford me that lifestyle!

My one and only toy- 1200GS- will spend this Montana winter in a carport- no garage yet!

Seriously though- nice toys!

Garage at house-R80RT, R1200CLC & Ford Escape
Garage and workshop-62 Fairlane 500, newer John Deere & 1 space
Detached Carport- F-150
Barn- Older John Deere and trailer
Driveway-Town Car, utility trailer & Travel Trailer

what's in your garage

What is it that you all do.....?adamceckhardt

I seem to recall that the last time the MOA News published an average annual income figure of MOA members, the number was $92,000 or so.

But I'm not aware of any member who flies their bike to rallies in a Falcon 900 EX. :laugh

On the other hand, they may be keeping a low profile.:)

Rinty

Ok, I'll bite-

What is it that you all do that you can afford all these nice bikes, semi-exotic (or full on exotic) cars, AND spend all day online to write about it?

Are any of you hiring? I'll work for any of you if it will afford me that lifestyle!

My one and only toy- 1200GS- will spend this Montana winter in a carport- no garage yet!

Seriously though- nice toys!

I take money from lawyers. :evil

what I do

Since I asked, I might as well be the first to give a straight answer to my own question-

I am the finance manager at a Honda car dealership, and make less than half what the average MOA member makes. I'm also 26 years old, which puts me on the lower end of the age spectrum too.

The first person with a garage full of bikes (and expensive cars) to give a STRAIGHT about what they do for a living will get dinner, on me, next time they ride through Bozeman, Montana! Better hurry, we've already got snow!

Since I asked, I might as well be the first to give a straight answer to my own question-

I am the finance manager at a Honda car dealership, and make less than half what the average MOA member makes. I'm also 26 years old, which puts me on the lower end of the age spectrum too.

The first person with a garage full of bikes (and expensive cars) to give a STRAIGHT about what they do for a living will get dinner, on me, next time they ride through Bozeman, Montana! Better hurry, we've already got snow!

I'm Director of Training and Implementation for a software company that is focused on the litigation support market. All my clients are either lawyers or legal support staff.

I have lengthy periods of slack time, followed by weeks of very, very intensive activity. Right now, today, is kind of a slack day.

I'm Director of Training and Implementation for a software company that is focused on the litigation support market. All my clients are either lawyers or legal support staff.

I have lengthy periods of slack time, followed by weeks of very, very intensive activity. Right now, today, is kind of a slack day.

Mr. President,
I should give you my lawyers name so you can charge him triple for your work. Man! this guy is trying to soak me for my divorce that is uncontested.

Take Care
Pat Carol

Mr. President,
I should give you my lawyers name so you can charge him triple for your work. Man! this guy is trying to soak me for my divorce that is uncontested.

Take Care
Pat Carol

We deal with the lawyers that are handling "bet the company" litigation. Typical stuff is a power company builds a powerplant, realizes they're going to default on their loan payment, so they sue the construction company and says they're responsible for delays on the project.

Two pharma companies work together to develop a mouse that's very susceptible to a particular kind of cancer. The companies end their agreement and sue each other for possession of breed of mouse.

That kinda thing.

Oh, the stories. :ha

what's in your garage

We still haven't figured out what the upper car is in K100LT's garage (post 29).

He isn't talking; or he's out driving it.

Rinty

Back