• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Celebration: Our Club's 50th Anniversary in 2022 National Rally - Springfield MO!

Just a reminder, the Springfield Rally Chair and Co-Chair will be announced at the closing ceremonies in Montana... per MOA tradition.

Ozark Empire Fairgrounds Springfield, MO June 16-18, 2022. You heard it here first... love to the forums.

Thanks Reece. Only 335 miles for us.
Been by the Fairgrounds many times on our way to Arkansas but never been on the grounds.

Thanks Reece, now I can start planning beer tours.:D

Only 4606 km's from home via Google maps shortest route and 1000 km's further than the guy who beat me in TN in 2019.

Excellent!

But who’s going to tell Paul?

Somebody, I'm not sure who yet, but somebody on the BMW MOA Board of Directors has an unreasonable fear of wood chippers. I'm not sure what childhood trauma caused this. But I will get to the bottom of this callous disregard of the wishes of members. They can keep avoiding the obvious, but for only so long. Eventually the superiority of Fargo over these silly places like Springfield will prevail. Of that I am sure. We will soldier on.

Fargo 2025!!!

Somebody, I'm not sure who yet, but somebody on the BMW MOA Board of Directors has an unreasonable fear of wood chippers. I'm not sure what childhood trauma caused this. But I will get to the bottom of this callous disregard of the wishes of members. They can keep avoiding the obvious, but for only so long. Eventually the superiority of Fargo over these silly places like Springfield will prevail. Of that I am sure. We will soldier on.

Fargo 2025!!!

Well Springfield is only about 850 miles from Charlotte so on my return a run through Fargo may be in order. I have always wanted to visit the National Wood Chipper Museum.

5 microbreweries in Springfield, I'd say that's a good start for a beer tour. Who wants a beer tour? Who wants a more formal beer tasting event? Who wants both?

After the preceding 14 months...
I’ll raise my hand for anything resembling a beer served with a unmasked smile!

Fargo 2025!!!

Yer dern tooti'n

Could one of the mods remove "And Where is the Rally?" from the title and replace it with Springfield Mo.

Samantha Fish

5 microbreweries in Springfield, I'd say that's a good start for a beer tour. Who wants a beer tour? Who wants a more formal beer tasting event? Who wants both?

In case folks aren’t tracking this is happening at the Montana Rally. Becki and Corey put it together. It looks like it’s going to be awesome.

Also, the music line up. I downloaded Samantha Fish and listened to all her music on the ride back from Greenville.

8C121CD0-B385-42E6-8EC5-015599A47B9C.jpeg

Member Ideas Wanted...

So, assuming at some point we all do know where the rally location for 2022, and going back to the early topic of this thread. What would you all think would be appropriate ways to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the MOA, both at the rally and during the year of 2020? Promotions? Historical (how we got here) stories? Riding events? Promotions (like a membership drive)? Special logoed merchandise? What??

Springfield MO should be “the” Club 50th Anniversary Celebration for members.
At the Rally, I can envision the following.

Educational: Also read as Club Historical. An indoor venue, a nicely outfitted in museum manner layout.
A call for memorabilia from our members, where chosen items could be displayed via "decade and year within" layout.
Much of this would likely be Rally and Club related material... it's all about our members.
A section within decade/year, each illustrating/recognizing Club Leadership, Ambassadors, Volunteers and significant events.
I would be really nice to display a members bike from EVERY year since our inception, in front of the period exhibits!
Every High Milage Award holder should be acknowledged, along with our Club's other important Award recipients.
Recognize our Pioneer's.
Can you imagine an entrance attraction of... the tent and bike of Norm Phoenix, displayed in a camp set-up! (His original tent, he still rides in and erects it every National!)
Finally, a special "Founder's" Tribute Centerpiece.
Simply title the crown jewel of the exhibit using the historic words of our Club's First President...
Mr. Vern Hansen: "We were all looking for something, and we found it in 'MOA".

Celebration wise: At the 2022 Rally, we will never do better than the troupe "Living Glockenspiel"... who entertained at WI in 2007!

Back